Friday, September 9, 2011

Ella & Lily | Moncton Area Children's Photographer

When I began my journey into the world of dSLRs, I never drempt of being a photographer. I had a one-year-old baby and wanted to take better photos of her. I wanted to document her life and have some great photos for her scrapbook. I began reading like crazy on photography forums and spending many hours practicing with my new camera. Before I knew it I was addicted. Even still, I didn't realize that I wanted to be a photographer. Looking back now, I wonder how it wasn't always obvious to me that this is what I would do. I have always carried a camera with me, documented everything around me, and admired so many photographer's work. How did I never consider the possibility of doing it myself? I'm not sure how I got here, but I am so glad I did.
The only downfall that has come along with being a photographer is, ironically, that I don't take as many photos of my own kids as I used to. I'm much busier than I used to be and my cameras now aren't quite as portable as my tiny point and shoot was four years ago. Trust me, I still take plenty of photos of my girls, but I don't go out and do shoots with them like I do with other families. I've decided that I need to do more of that, so I took them out a couple of weeks ago to capture Ella's four year photos and Lily's two year photos. And let me tell you that it is much more frustrating for me to do a session with my own kids than with any other kids in the world. But with some persistence and a lot of help from my husband, I managed to freeze a little bit of who my girls are now. Here are a few favorites of my own two sweet girlies. Oh, and let's not forget the other two very important family members - Bun (aka Silly Sally Flower Bunny Bun) and Bun Bun.

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful girls!! Always love looking at your pictures...you have found your calling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute!!! :) Great captures of them :) You're great at what you do!!

    ReplyDelete