Monday, June 13, 2011

Pricing Changes

I am so happy with the direction that my photography has been going since I started out on this journey. I have received an incredible amount of support and have had the opportunity to work with some amazing clients of all ages. I love being able to capture memories for people and am honored that you trust me to do so.

One thing that I always try to keep in mind for you, my clients, is keeping my photography services at a reasonable rate. I want to be accessible, yet I still have to keep in mind the many costs of running this business. People often ask me what my fees entail - whether you are paying for the hour or two I spend taking your photos or if there is more. I want you to know what your money is paying for when you book a session with me. On an average session I will spend anywhere between one and three hours with you, actually taking photos. I then spend quality time with your images, choosing the absolute best ones to edit, carefully retouching and finishing each one, blogging sneak peeks, uploading galleries, answering e-mails, and finally, placing and packaging orders. I also have equipment and a website to maintain, I purchase props and backgrounds for you to use during our sessions, and then there is also the actual cost of ordering all of your products. So when you go out with a session with me, please rest assured that your money is being invested in a lot more than the hour or two that we spend together. I do all of these things to capture memories for you that will last forever.

I have also recently decided that it is time for me to change print labs. I have found a new lab that I am very happy with. This switch will allow me to offer you much better quality prints along with many more new and exciting products. I am very excited to make this move and I know that you will be happy with the change as well.

Taking all of this into consideration, my pricing will be changing effective July 1st, 2011. If you already have a session booked for July or beyond or if you book a date before July 1st (any date between now and December 15th, 2011), you will receive my current pricing. All bookings taken on July 1st and beyond will be at my new rates. I will also be requiring a deposit with all photo bookings at that time. The deposit will be due within 7 days of booking to hold your date and will be transferrable should we need to reschedule for any reason.

I'm so thankful for all of your continued support and am looking forward to all of the great sessions to come this year. I can't wait to capture some great memories for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment